COVID 19 Update
At Kingswood Christian Preschool we have always focused on the health and safety of our students, families, and staff. The challenges of the coronavirus have intensified that commitment, resulting in the implementation of plans and procedures to safeguard you and your children.
Our Blended Instruction Plan serves the needs of both children and parents at home and here at the preschool. Based on federal, state, and Virginia United Methodist Church guidelines, our plan mitigates the spread of the coronavirus with flexible & equitable scheduling options that support multiple learning environments with face-to-face instruction, virtual instruction, or a combination of the two. Key components of our plan include:
- Limiting class size;
- Limiting outside items coming into the school building;
- Requiring the use of masks for children and staff;
- Limiting sharing of equipment & surfaces;
- Routine cleaning & disinfecting shared spaces & high-touch surfaces;
- Minimizing contact between building classes; and
- Implementing Virtual Chapel & Music classes to limit the number of participants while practicing social distance guidelines.
For families that are not comfortable sending their child to in-person instruction, a virtual learning option is available. We will live stream each class throughout the school day or sessions can be recorded & accessed later. Virtual learning students also have the option of participating in any outdoor activities planned for the school year.
Interested in more information? In this video, our Preschool Director Amy tells us out how Kingswood Christian Preschool is safeguarding the health and safety of the children this year and what is new for 2020-2021. Then check out our Parent Handbook here for more information.